Steel Storm is an old school top down arcade shooter with score oriented competitive gameplay, and is designed for people who like fast paced action and have limited amounts of time to play computer games.
The events of the game take place in an alternative universe where you control an advanced hovertank, packed with the most advanced and sophisticated weapons. Your task is simple, but, nevertheless, is not trivial. In the fight with presumed extraterrestrial invaders, you must prevail!
Being made using DarkPlaces engine, the game shines with unique visual style and runs on Linux, Mac and Windows platforms.
Key features of Episode I:
- Deathmatch and coop game modes;
- Exploration and time-trial gameplay types;
- Score driven gameplay - master your skills to stay ahead;
- Intelligent AI knows no mercy;
- Hordes of enemies to destroy;
- Vast numbers of destroyable structures and obstacles;
- Huge territories to reclaim;
- 6 missions of various difficulty, for beginners & hardcore gamers;
- Edit or create your own missions with SandStorm in-game realtime multi-user editor (will be released as a patch for Episode I).
Coming in Episode 2:
- 6 new weapons;
- 3 huge and deadly bosses;
- 10 more types of enemies;
- 4 more unique environments;
- 2 new campaigns totalling 18 missions;
- Game Source Code;
- Mod Development SDK;
- and more
Official website: www.steel-storm.com
Youtube channel: Steel Storm